It is said that nothing great in this world can been accomplished without passion & dedication. If you look back at great athletes over the years their love and dedication for this sport allowed them to rise and become remarkably great at what they did.
For bjj practitioner Erik Anderson his passion & love for the sport has lead him to many great achievements. Training at Aloisio Silva BJJ Academy in Lawndale, Ca with in a short period of time Erik has already reached the rank of brown belt & has placed in big tournaments like American Nationals, North American Championship (7x), & Mundials. It is a true testament of how far passion & dedication can take you in this sport when you put your mind to it.
Seeing him compete myself he is defiantly someone to look out for in the future and he truly deserves to have some shine and be introduced to the OTM audience.
- Monta : First I would like to start off by saying thank for the interview. How is everything going with your training as of late ?
- Monta : So how did you get involved in BJJ ?
- Monta : WOW !! 3.5 years and your already a brown belt that is very rare. How did you reach such a rank in such a very short period of time ?
- Monta : With the exception of your academy, You had a brief stay when you moved up north, what was your experience like training at Claudio França’s school ?
- Monta : You have also had the opportunity to train with a lot of great names through your bjj journey, what was your favorite experience ?
- Monta : Do you have any BJJ influences..if so who and why ?
- Monta : You have placed in a lot of major events in your short years in bjj, just recently you placed in mundials as a brown belt in your weight class and absolute..how did it feel to achieving such an amazing goal ?
- Monta : At mundials you were triumphant against heavy favorite Ian McPherson, was it any pressure going against such a big name ?
- Monta : What is your motivation for competing and training as much as you do ?
- Monta : Through your progression have you experienced any doubt ?
- Monta : What is the biggest lesson you learn through your growth in the sport ?
- Monta : Any future plans? Will you open a school? Will you get into MMA?
- Monta : Finally Do you have any advice for people just starting off in bjj hoping to grow in the sport?
- Monta : Any shout outs?
- Monta : Well that wraps things up, thanks for your time Erik and best wishes with everything.
If anyone want to check out Erik Anderson’s amazing bjj highlight here is the link