For Immediate Release Forward this News
August 1 , 2007
The hardest-hitting show on television is spending this summer in the Great White North.
With the excitement of last December’s sold-out Pay-Per-View event in Vancouver, British Columbia still fresh in the minds of local fight fans, Bodog Fight announces its return to the beautiful West Coast city to film the sixth season of its stylish mixed martial arts series.
Building on the success of prior series in Costa Rica and Russia, Bodog Fight founder Calvin Ayre promises non-stop action in this installment from north of the 49th parallel.
“We’re absolutely thrilled to be coming back to Vancouver,” says the billionaire entertainment mogul. “It’s a world-class, soon-to-be Olympic city. The fighters are excited, our crew is keyed up and we can’t wait to start filming.”
Filming will take place August 24-25 on a closed set at the Squamish Nation Indian Reserve in nearby North Vancouver, where the walls still echo with the music of The Police, who chose the same site to rehearse for their North American reunion tour.
Forty-eight fighters are scheduled to take part, with the series scheduled for broadcast in 90-million U.S. homes on ION Television and in Canada on The Fight Network starting October 23, 2007.
The fantastic fight card features current welterweight champion Nick “The Goat” Thompson of Minnesota, fighting for the first time since taking the belt from Eddie Alvarez in St. Petersburg, Russia last April. Thompson squares off against Britain’s Mark Weir in a non-title fight.
Another Minnesotan will also take to the MMA mat. Kelly Kobold, who suffered her first defeat last month to newly crowned women’s 135-pound champion Tara LaRosa in Trenton, New Jersey, looks to rebound against the always tough Julie Kedzie.
Full Card (subject to change):
145 lbs & under
* Sami Aziz (Sweden) vs. Hiroyuki Abe (Japan) * JR Sims (USA) vs. DJ Taiki (Japan)
155 lbs & under
* Rodrigo Damm (Brazil) vs. Darren Elkins (USA) * Per Eklund (Sweden) vs. Rafael Dias (USA) * Ryan Bow (Japan) vs. Santino Defranco (USA) * Chris Ade (Canada) vs. Koji Oishi (Japan)
170 lbs & under
* Nick Thompson (USA) vs. Mark Weir (UK) * Piotr Jakaczynski (Sweden) vs. Dan Hornbuckle (USA) * Chris Wilson (USA) vs. Ray Steinbeiss (USA) * Diego Gonzales (Sweden) vs. Steve Berger (USA)
185 lbs & under
* Tim McKenzie (USA) vs. Yuichi Nakanishi (Japan) * Kyacey Uscola (USA) vs. TBA * Steve Byrnes (USA) vs. Alexander Shlemenko (Russia)
205 lbs & under
* Antony Rea (France) vs. Steve Steinbeiss (USA) * Mikhael Zyats (Russia) vs. Buddy Roberts (USA)
* Assuerio Silva (Brazil) vs. Constantin Gluhov (Russia) * Andrew Pederson (Canada) vs. Scott Lincoln (USA) * Dan Evensen (USA) vs. Dominic Richards (Canada) * Kristof Midoux (France) vs. Brad Morris (Australia)
* Megumi Fujii (Japan) vs. Lisa Ward (USA) * Carina Damm (Brazil) vs. Jessica Aguillar (USA) * Rosi Sexton (UK) vs. Julia Berezekova (Russia)
* Kelly Kobold (USA) vs. Julie Kedzie (USA) * Tama Chan (Japan) vs. Molly Helsel (USA)
Bodog Fight: Paradise Lost airs Tuesdays and Saturdays at 11 p.m. / 10 p.m. Central on ION Television and in Canada on The Fight Network. All episodes are also available worldwide through streaming video at BodogFight.com , with behind-the-scenes exclusives, fighter bios and additional footage only available online.
About Bodog Fight
Since its inception in 2006, Bodog Fight has become one of the heavy-hitters in the world of mixed martial arts. Created by billionaire entertainment mogul and longtime MMA enthusiast, Calvin Ayre, Bodog Fight offers viewers a unique combination of action and allure from exotic locations throughout the world. Bodog Fight can be viewed in more than 90 million homes across the United States on ION Television and around the world on Bodog.TV. Some of Bodog Television’s other programs include: a poker lifestyle and reality show, Calvin Ayre Wild Card Poker I and II; and a million-dollar indie band search competition, Bodog Battle (BodogBattle.com). For more information, contact Media Relations at 1-866-892-3371, or email@example.com . BODOG is a registered trademark of Bodog Entertainment Group.