The first-year college experience can be nerve-wracking. This is why you should stick to the following tips in order to survive your freshman year in college.
Doing the Basics
Make special efforts to keep your paperwork in good order before starting to attend your college. Your parents can help you when it comes to tuition and dorm fees. Plan together when and how you will pay. Come up with a meal plan. When planning, take into account specific points, such as your budget, the availability of kitchen, the foods you want to eat and their cost. It is very important to stick to your plan and not overspend.
Take care of yourself: Personal Hygiene and Fitness
Mom was right: Good personal hygiene is essential to promoting good health. We don’t want to teach you the things you’ve already learned from her, such as hand washing, brushing and flossing your teeth, washing clothes, etc. Just pay attention to the following tricks:
- Whether you attend the buffet where you indulge yourself with favorite cakes or keep a good table by yourself, know when to stop. Overeating is harmful.
- Avoid caffeinated and energy drinks because of their negative effects.
- Always dress to the weather. Check the weather forecasts in the evenings and prepare your clothes in advance.
- Try to stay active. Regular exercise will help you stay fit.
Learn Everything about Living in a Dorm
If you want to live in the dorm, these tips will come in handy.
- Make acquaintance with your roommate and try to establish and maintain a friendly relationship with him or her in order to avoid possible misunderstandings and conflicts. Be considerate and polite, but don’t be a doormat, do it right.
- Don’t be afraid to set some ground rules, and manage it early. Discuss the issues like noise, visitors, and everything else with your roommate and make a mutual agreement on the rules.
- Learn what you are allowed to do in your dorm and what is prohibited. Every dorm has its own policies, and you must know and follow them.
- If you cannot handle a problem with something or someone, don’t hesitate to ask your residential director for help.
- Hanging up with other students is a part of college life. But don’t forget about your major purpose of being in college. Always get enough sleep so that you won’t feel sleepy while studying.
An ability to stay focused on what you are doing is crucial to your success as a freshman. Develop it right from the start using the next tricks.
- Be punctual, even if some professors don’t mind you coming late.
- Don’t miss classes. Don’t refuse from the knowledge you pay for.
- Study in accordance with the timetable. Make written plans or get a study app and keep track of your classes, assignments, extracurricular activities and everything else.
- Getting the textbooks is one of the primary tasks. If you don’t hurry, you will spend more money to buy them from college stores.
- Take advantage of tutoring. If you don’t understand something, ask your professor to clarify the points. If your understanding of the subject is still incomplete, asking your peers to explain you something or find a good tutor.
- Use the opportunities to improve your academic success. If any http://okessays.com/ study group is available at your college, then join it.