Tickets are now availableTime is drawing near!
Hey there, As you may already know, the HHCF will host its annual Celebrity Chess Kings Invitational & Scholarship Event on Oct. 11, 2008 at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, CA. Many of you have already registered or purchased tickets and we can’t wait to see you! For those who have been waiting, be sure to register early as this is expected to a be sell out event. For school officials who are planning to bring students as a field trip, please note that group tickets are available. Remember, there is something for everyone and here are just a few examples of what I mean:
– Guest can meet celebrity participants, including UFC Champion Fighters, Actors and more
– Ages K-12 can register to compete in the Interstate Scholastic Tournament (College & Adult competitors can win up to $1000)
– Enjoy the panels “Art & Education” and/or “Fitness of Body & Mind”
– Learn from some of the greatest UFC Fighters in the world
– Middle & High School students can register to compete in divisions of Film, Photography & more. Judges are industry leaders whom’s works include MTV, Clear Channel, NBC and more. Winners will receive cash prizes.
– Meet hundred of other educators, business leaders, students and more from across the USand MUCH MORE!
Here is how to register:General Admission Tickets are available through ticketmaster.comRegister for the Interstate Scholastic TournamentRegister to compete in the Middle & High School competitions in Film, Photograhphy, etc. A very important note! The HHCF has over 100 students currently on a waitlist, seeking donations to cover their tournament expenses. These students come from challenging situations where money & transportation is not available to them. If you can help in anyway, please contact us right away. The HHCF has been working tiredlessly to raise funds for these students but many companies have not been able to financially assist. In some cases we need as low as $400 to bring a team of kids from East Oakland, in other cases we need as much as $6,500 to help teams travel to compete. If you or anyone you know can help, please let us know. For more information visit our home page.