Dollamur to sponsor USA Wrestling Grappling World Team Trials Qualifying Series and give free mat to championship team
Dollamur Sport Surfaces of Dallas, Texas, has been named an official sponsor of the 2008 USA Wrestling Grappling World Team Trials Qualifying Series and Finals.
As a part of this sponsorship, Dollamur will provide to the national championship team from the entire qualifying series with a custom 36 x 36 x 2 “National Champions” wrestling mat.
Grappling teams are encouraged to take part in the 12-event qualifying series and World Team Trialselevantgymhe torunament am? is one of up and coming guys. CAn wa for 2 years nowng. He was the World Silver meda to earn points toward becoming the national champions.
Dollamur is pleased be working with USA Wrestling as a sponsor of the 2008 Grappling World Team Trials Qualifying Series,” said Gary MacDowell, President and CEO of Dollamur Sport Surfaces. “We are committed to supporting Grappling as a new international amateur style of wrestling.”
“It is a tremendous opportunity to have support from Dollamur as a sponsor for the USA Wrestling Grappling World Team Trials Qualifying Series,” said USA Wrestling Manager of Developing Styles Jason Townsend. “I am certain that the National Championship team will be very happy with their prize, a new mat for their training center.”
Events will be held in California, Colorado, Maryland, Texas, New York, Virginia, Illinois, Florida, Nevada, Hawaii and Oregon. The first and the final qualifying events will be hosted at No Limits MMA, USA Wrestling’s National Training Center for Grappling.
These USA Wrestling sanctioned events will give Grapplers an opportunity to try out for the 2008 U.S. Grappling World Team, which will compete at the Grappling World Championships in Lucerne, Switzerland on December 20-21.
USA Wrestling has yet to determine the site and date for the 2008 U.S. Grappling World Team Trials, but it is expected to be held in September 2008.
Dollamur USA Grappling National Championship rules and procedures
Team Scoring Rules
– A Grappler may compete in as many qualifiers as they wish.
– A Grappler may only compete for one team. The team he/she registers under in their first qualifier will be the team in which he/she scores points for during the entire series.
– A Grappler is not required to wear a team uniform, but it is highly suggested.
– The team score from the qualifiers will accumulate over to the World Team Trials.
– Only senior advance divisions athletes will earn points toward the team score.
– Men’s and women’s points will be tallied together.
– When registering your team, make sure the name of the team is being spelled the same.
– A team may score points from multiple competitors in the same weight class.
– All the point accumulated by teams at the qualifying events will be added to the points scored at the WTT.
– If there should be a tie at the end of the WTT then the team that scored the most points at the qualifiers will be the team champions.
– There must be an official team coach/leader represented at the WTT (the official team coach/leader may also be a competitor).
Qualifying Event scoring procedure:
1st place= 2 points
2nd place= 1 ½ points
3rd place= 1 point
4th place= ½ point
No Advancement or Bonus Points earned.
World Team Trials (WTT) scoring procedure:
1st place= 16 points
2nd place= 14 points
3rd place= 12 points
4th place= 10 points
5th place= 8 points
6th place= 6 points
7th place= 4 points
8th place= 2 points
Advancement points in championship round= 1 point
Advancement points in consolation round= ½ point
Submission victory= 2 points
Technical Superiority victory= 1 ½ points
Major Decision victory= 1 point
TENTATIVE USA WRESTLING GRAPPLING WORLD TEAM TRIALS QUALIFYING SERIES
Saturday, May 10 – Southern California Regional Qualifier, No Limits MMA, Irvine, Calif.
Saturday, May 17 – Rocky Mountain Regional Qualifier, Massari Arena, Pueblo, Colo.
Sunday, May 18 – Mason Dixon Regional Qualifier, Rising Sun High School, North East, Md.
Saturday, May 31 – Southern Plains Regional Qualifier, Dollamur Sport Surfaces, Fort Worth, Texas
Saturday, May 31 – Northeast Regional Qualifier, Phoenix High School, Phoenix, N.Y.
Saturday, June 7 – Middle Atlantic Regional Qualifier, Phoebus High School, Hampton, Va.
Saturday, June 21 – Midwest Regional Qualifier, Wright College, Chicago, Ill.
Saturday, June 28 – Southeast Regional Qualifier, River Ridge Middle School, New Port Richey, Fla.
Saturday, June 28 – Southwest Regional Qualifier, Throwdown Training Facility, Las Vegas, Nev.
Sunday, July 13 – Hawaiian Islands Regional Qualifier, Neal S. Blaisdell Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
Saturday, July 19 – Northwest Regional Qualifier, Parkrose High School, Portland, Ore.
Saturday, August 23 – Last Chance Qualifier, No Limits MMA, Irvine, Calif.
TO BE DETERMINED – U.S. Grappling World Team Trials
For information and to pre-register for the Grappling World Team Trials Qualifying events, visit:
The U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Wrestling and Judo are in Las Vegas, Nev., June 13-15, 2008. Will you join us there?