The seventh edition of WOCS was held on Thursday night in
Rodolfo Marques opened the contest by making a great fight against Ralf Loren, and won in judges’ decision. Already Zeilton Nenzão surprised submitting Kevin Lima with an armbar in the first round. In the final, prevailed the fall down’s game of Rodolfo, who has avoided the striking and dominated the fight, winning the judges’ decision and the GP’s title.
The big surprise of the night happened with the tough Toninho Fúria. The fighter was not intimidated in front of the experienced Diego Braga and did his game, connecting good punches, opening advantage in fighting and winning by judges’ decision.
Look the full results:
– Rodrigo Ratinho def. Luis Carlos – submission (strikes) R1
– Fabiano Bob Sponja def. Alexandre Sampaio – submission (rear naked choke) R1
– Antonio Roberto def. Janilson Silva – judge´s decision
– Alexandre Pinheiro def. Rafael Miranda – submission (rear naked choke) R1
– Toninho Fúria def. Diego Braga – judge´s decision
Tournament – under 60kg
– Rodolfo Marques def. Ralf Loren – judge´s decision
– Neilton Nenzão def. Kevin Lima – submission (armbar) R1
Final: Rodolfo Marques def. Zeilton Nenzão – judge´s decision
*Photo: Erik Engelhart / TATAME