THE OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME A STRKEFORCE RING GIRL IS HERE!
Last week, the San Jose-based World Champion Mixed Martial Arts promotion launched a contest on its Facebook Fanpage (www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Strikeforce/61345743228<http://www.facebook.com/#%21/pages/Strikeforce/61345743228>) for young women 21 years or older who aspire to be a STRIKEFORCE Ring Girl.
The winner receives:
• To be an Official “STRIKEFORCE Ring Girl” on the evening of the Saturday, March 5, STRIKEFORCE MMA blockbuster event in Columbus, Ohio.
• Two airline tickets, hotel accommodations and transportation.
• Represent STRIKEFORCE at the Arnold Sports Festival (www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/schedule-of-events/#<http://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/schedule-of-events/>) on Saturday, March 5, 2011 (www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/schedule-of-events/#).
To enter a “Ring Girl Contest’’ on Facebook that runs in two rounds until Feb. 24, one must:
• Click “Like’’ on the STRIKEFORCE fan page
• Complete the registration form and agree to the terms.
• Upload a short video (limited to 30 seconds) telling voters why they would make the best “Ring Girl.”
So tell your Facebook friends and fans to vote! The winner is selected by whoever attains the most votes.
Each contestant starts each round with zero points. The first round runs through Feb. 19. The top eight vote-getters, plus two STRIKEFORCE selections, advance to the second and final round of 10. The final round is Feb. 21-24. The young woman who accumulates the most points in the final round will be the winner. The announcement will be made on Friday, Feb. 25.
STRIKEFORCE (www.strikeforce.com<http://www.strikeforce.com/>) is a world-class mixed martial arts cage fight promotion which, on Friday, March 10, 2006, made history with its "Shamrock vs. Gracie" event, the first sanctioned mixed martial arts fight card in California state history. The star-studded extravaganza, which pitted legendary champion Frank Shamrock against Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Cesar Gracie at San Jose’s HP Pavilion, played host to a sold-out, record crowd of 18,265. Since 1995, STRIKEFORCE, sanctioned by ISKA, has been the exclusive provider of martial arts programming for ESPN and, after 12 years of success as a leading, world championship kickboxing promotion, the company unveiled its mixed martial arts (MMA) series with "Shamrock vs. Gracie." In May 2008, West Coast Productions, the parent company of STRIKEFORCE, partnered with Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment (SVS&E), an entity created in 2000 to oversee all business operation aspects of the San Jose Sharks and HP Pavilion at San Jose. In March 2009, STRIKEFORCE signed a multi-year agreement with SHOWTIME® to stage live events on the premium cable television network. The promotion has since also produced two live, primetime events on the CBS Television Network.