Last Saturday, 6000 were in the Ibirapuera Gymnasium to watch the 22º edition of Jungle Fight.
Without doubt the biggest name of the night was Yuri Marajo, that won two opponents to conquest the first belt of Jungle Fight history. In his first fight,
Massaranduba was better in the begin and gave a take down in Yuri, passing much of the first round punishing him in ground n´ pound. In the second round both went to the striking and Massaranduba fit a strong cross. Yuri fell off, but woke up to falling down. The situation was extremely complicated to Yuri until him, taking advantage of the momentum of the opponent, managed to pull his favorite coup and submits Massaranduba, in a fantastic turnaround.
In the other semifinal, the Peruvian Manuelo Morales defeated the Mexican Rodolfo Perez by decision.
In the final, Marajó only took 4 seconds to hit a shot in Manuelo’s liver, who already knocked down outside the ring. The fight was eventually stopped at 16 seconds.
Look the full results of Jungle Fight 22 below:
Jungle Fight 22
September 18, 2010
– Yuri Marájo def. Francisco “Massaranduba” – armbar R2
– Manuelo Morales def. Rodolfo "Fito" Perez – decision
– Final: Yuri Marajó def. Manuelo Morales – KO R1
– Eduardo Pamplona def. Ediberto Crocotá – decision
– Salvador "Dogers" Montaño def. Edvaldo Jose “Gameth” – submission (guillotine choke) R2;
– Johil de Oliveira vs Alessandro Zóio – NC
– Marcelo Guimarães def. Erik Becker – TKO R2